Monday, December 15, 2008

My name is Gossip...


My name is Gossip...

I have no respect for justice.
I break hearts and ruin lives.

I am cunning, malicious and
gather strength with age.

The more I am quoted,
the more I am believed.

I flourish at every level of society.

My victims are helpless.

They cannot protect themselves
against me because
I have no name and no face.

To track me down is impossible.
The harder you try, the more
elusive I become.

I am nobody's friend.

Once I tarnish a reputation,
it is never the same.

I topple governments and
wreck marriages.
I ruin careers and cause
sleepless nights, heartaches
and indigestion.
I spawn suspicion
and generate grief.

I make innocent people cry
in their pillows.
Even my name hisses.

I am called GOSSIP.
Office gossip-
Shop gossip-
Party gossip-
Telephone gossip.
I make headlines and
headaches.
REMEMBER, you repeat a story,
ask yourself:
is it true?
Is it fair?
Is it necessary??
If not, do not repeat it.
KEEP QUIET.

No comments:

Post a Comment